Friday, December 25, 2009

"they know...."

After my parents opened up to my mom's younger brother, his wife, her sister, and my dad's brother (who's married to the sister - it's complicated, I know! We're a big family, so bear with me...did you get that? okay...), the uncle started noticing that people were treating him differently.

So, this is the version of the story that I've been told.

One day, he went to my mom's brother's in-laws and asked them why they've been acting strange around him.  They confessed that they were told about what happened with me.  He proceeded to then tell them that he figured that was the case, and told him his side of the story.

He was trying to work things through.  He was going to therapy.  He was planning to tell his wife, my aunt.

As far as I know, they told him that they had to be really careful around him.

But as is the Catholic way, forgive and forget.  To this day, they still interact with him.  They still leave kids in his presence.  They're still hoping praying wishing that he has fixed himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment